Throughout the last 2-1/2 years, Cory and I have experienced a few monetary speed bumps, roadblocks, and the occasional flat tire (literally and figuratively). We are young, married, and I am still in school so these things are inevitable. However, I thought we were finally past the major speed bumps and we were coasting along nicely. We were actually in a position where I was paying extra on student loan bills each month, instead of the stated payment amount.
This all came to a screeching halt last Thursday afternoon. Cory sent me a text that said we had less than 24 hours to come up with a LARGE sum of money to pay for something so he could get his technician license for his job.
*Note: It's a long, confusing, complicated story as to why he has to pay this money and we plan on fighting it but we are on a time constraint at the moment. It's been one big mess and has gotten us very upset. I don't feel comfortable disclosing the details right now.*
Had we been given more notice, I probably could have worked some things out and came up with the money. But 24 hours? And believe me, it wasn't a small number. It was a very unrealistic number. And to make matters worse, we both were getting paid on Friday so I had already written out the checks for and mailed all of our bills.
Thankfully, Cory was able to borrow the money from his grandparents and we paid it. But I don't believe in debt, not even to family members and we have promised to pay them back as soon as we can, even if we have to make payments to them. And we are praying that we can successfully fight this issue and get our money back....eventually.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy...