I hosted my parents, my youngest brother, and Jack (their dog) for Memorial Day. I only managed to get one picture though and it was of Jack. I had to work Saturday but I texted my brother William and told him I wanted him and Jack to go ahead and come to our house Saturday night. William is only 16 and has never driven that far by himself before but I knew it wouldn't be a problem and we could always meet him somewhere if something were to happen. They arrived around dinner time and Sam and Jack were so happy to see each other!
I couldn't let my brother go hungry so I cooked spaghetti for us to eat and then Cory and William played video games until after 2:00AM. I was a party pooper and went to bed at 10:30 and the puppies followed suit shortly after. The dogs woke up early ready to play and none of us could go back to sleep so we decided to just get up. Cory and William went straight back to their video games and watching tennis while I began baking ginger snaps. While I was baking, Jack walked into the kitchen and said in the cutest little puppy voice "Aunt Lauren can I have a cookie pleeeaaassseeeeee?!"
My parents arrived shortly after lunch time and my Mama took me shopping at Victoria's Secret since they are having their semi-annual sale and I didn't have any money. We got a bunch of stuff we didn't really need but we got such wonderful deals that Daddy didn't seem to mind how much we spent :-)
We hung around the house Sunday afternoon just visiting and playing with the dogs. Sunday night I made chicken casserole and broccoli for everyone. After dinner Cory and William went to the country club and played tennis while Daddy, Mama, and I worked on a puzzle. Jack ended up finding one of the pieces and eating it so we had a missing piece at the end. The parents left around 10:30 and I went to bed while William and Cory played even more video games and watched even more tennis.
Monday morning both Jack and Sam woke up around 7:30 ready to play. William and I got up but both took a short little nap later in the morning. Cory slept through everything. Mama and Daddy came over around lunch time and I began preparing our meal shortly after. I made pork chops, rice, asparagus, green beans, and crescent rolls for everyone. We ate so much food!!! I cooked enough for a small army but we barely had any leftovers.
Everyone had to leave shortly after the meal but my wonderful Daddy made sure my freezer had meat in it and my car had a full tank of gas before he left (because of our recent financial struggle). My parents frequently do small little things like that for us and I am so grateful for them. It may be small but it really means a lot to Cory and I.
*Check back later for a post detailing why my other brother was not able to come and another post detailing what William will be doing all Summer*



Sounds like a great weekend with family! I'll be praying for your financial situation. I hope it gets better for y'all
ReplyDelete