We had a wonderful and relaxing weekend and I hated that it had to come to an end.
Friday we both had to work but spent the evening inside together talking. We discussed details about our future home (we are scheduled to have another meeting this weekend where we can hopefully get everything finalized) and what we are looking forward to and what we are needing to do to get prepared. We are both just so excited that we will finally have a home of our own!
We also discussed starting a family. We have been talking about it for months now but could never agree on a time to start trying. We finally came to an agreement Friday night on when we would cease all forms of contraception and I must say that I am excitedly counting down the days until that time :-) I have wanted to have children since we first got married but the timing has never been right. And now I know that it will be sooner rather than later.
On Saturday, I had to work and Cory went with me to use the fitness center. He left around lunchtime and I had a pretty low-key day. I leased an apartment and spent some time texting with my mother. I had wanted her to come this weekend but she said she wasn't sure she could make it. She eventually sent me a text that said she would not be able to come. To be honest, I was quite upset and was about to call Cory crying when she sent another text that said "Gotcha!! We are loading the car now and Dad and I will be leaving in 15 minutes!" I was definitely excited and ready to see both of them! They arrived around 6:00 and we watched the AU game together and spent lots of time visiting and catching up. My Mama and I also began planning my graduation party. I can't believe graduation is so close!!
This morning, we all slept in and my parents came over from the hotel around noon. We prepared tacos, homemade fried rice, and cheese dip. We ate until our bellies were stuffed and watched the Texans-Saints game. Sam got lots and lots of loving from his Grandma and Grandpa and was sad when they said they had to head back. As my parents were leaving, they told us how great of a time they had and how they were able to relax and really enjoy themselves. We agreed and decided that we must have more weekends like this one.
I am not looking forward to returning to the real world tomorrow but I am glad I had such a great weekend to preface it.


it sounds like you have so many good things coming up for you!! :)
ReplyDelete