Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011

September 11 will always be a sad day for America as we remember all the people affected by the tragic and horrific events of 9-11-01.  But in our house, September 11 is also a very special day, as it is my Daddy's birthday.  He turned 40 on 9-11-01 and received the most horrible present of all; an attack on the nation in which he calls home.  Today, he celebrates his 50th birthday and commemorates the 10th anniversary of such a horrible day.

We did our major family celebration back in June for his birthday but we also had plans to celebrate yesterday as well.  Remember the sports auction we went to for my brother's high school?  At that auction, my Mama won 4-box seat tickets to the AU-Miss. State game. My parents came late Friday night and early Saturday morning, the four of us headed to Auburn.  We arrived to the Executive Suites and instantly felt like royalty.  

There was food in the main lobby for all of the suite-holders to partake in.  Then within our suite, we had pork loin, green beans, sweet-potato casserole, lots of desserts, liquor, and a fridge stocked with sodas and beer.  We also had our own private restroom and a television.  
 
 
 
 
 
Watching the game through enormous glass windows, in the air-conditioner, with really good food, beer at our fingertips, and a restroom just a few steps away was INCREDIBLE!!!  I don't know if I can ever watch another football game in the stands again.  It was a wonderful experience and I am so thankful I got to share it with my Daddy on his birthday!
After we won the game, stadium employees brought us toilet paper in which to roll Toomer's Corner with.  We snatched up as many rolls as we could carry and the four of us walked to Toomer's and, along with 20,000 other people, rolled the trees.  Then we walked over to Tiger Rags and bought more Auburn clothing (because what is a trip to Auburn without going to Tiger Rags?!)
 
It was an absolutely wonderful experience and I am so glad Auburn pulled out and won the game for my Daddy's special day!!

*************************

Daddy,
You are the most amazing man I know!  You have always been my biggest hero and I have always been--and always will be--your little girl.  You have been there for me through so much and I have never once doubted your love.  You have shown me, time and time again, how proud you are of me and how much you love and adore me.  I am blessed beyond belief with the amazing father that you are and I am definitely the luckiest girl in the world.  You are by far the B.E.S.T. Daddy in the entire world and I am willing to fight anyone who would tell me differently.  
Happy 50th Birthday!I love you times infinity!!!
XOXO
--Your little grundoon

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing experience! I am extremely jealous!! happy b-day to your dad :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...