I took today off work to study for my remaining two tests. *By the way, the one I took tonight was KILLER! I have never, ever taken a test as hard as that one!*
I knew I would need more time to study and since we are relatively slow at work right now, I knew it would be okay. I called my boss Tuesday afternoon to confirm that I would not have to come in on Wednesday and then began a long journey of studying.
As I was home today, I couldn't quit thinking about how much I miss being here during the day. My dream job is to be a stay-at-home Mommy/housewife and I miss it! I miss...
--sleeping past 6:30am
--taking my time getting showered and dressed
--being able to enjoy my breakfast without simultaneously drying my hair and packing my lunch
--having the house *spotless* and welcoming to visitors at any time (a friend came over for a little bit a few weeks ago and the guest bathroom wasn't clean and I felt like I was going to die because someone had to see it looking less than perfect...I am a little obsessive over having a perfect house when visitors arrive)
--having the laundry and ironing caught up at all times; instead of completing a load at midnight so we both have something presentable to wear to work the next day
--preparing well-balanced and delectable home-cooked meals (eating spaghetti 3 nights a week because it is the fastest and easiest thing is getting pretty old)
--being able to give my husband my undivided attention when he arrives home from work; instead of doing homework or trying to make more spaghetti
--being able to welcome Cory home each night with a smile on my face and not ill from work or from the lack of cleanliness in our house, or over the fact that I have to make spaghetti again
I just couldn't get it out of my head how much I miss staying home. I really do love my job but I love staying home even more. So, I asked Cory if I could quit and he said if I can find a way to still bring in the same amount of income that I am bringing in now, while staying at home, then I can quit. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything so on Friday morning, I will wake up at 6:30 and go to work.


Awe girl, well my mom told me when she stayed home with me for 5 years her sister in law told her you'll spend whatever money you have.
ReplyDeleteRandom fact of the day, just think you are done in December it's almost October :)
You got this girl , I know I'll miss not having a job when I do have one LOL.
But , as far as food, I can send recipes maybe? Crockpot work? Just some ideas!
Xxoo
It is SUPER-NICE to be a stay-at-homer but my time is very soon to be up! I'm fixing to start picking up something part-time to help with the 'fun budget'. I feel your pain girlie but the economy sux these days and we all are having to find new ways to make life more relaxing. My sure fire tip is this: one Saturday or Sunday prepare at least 3 meals to be frozen. Then, on your 'rough' days, come home, pop it in the oven, slip into something girlie and wait for your prince to arrive! He'll get a kick out of you in your dainties and you'll be excited about showing off with a meal in the oven! Hope it works out for you!love
ReplyDelete