Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pet Peeve

I have to share a little pet peeve I have.  There is a woman that works at the Clinique counter at our local Dillard's that drives me up.the.wall!!!  I have used Clinique products since I was 13 and have never wavered in my love of their make-up.  But this woman completely turns me off to the entire Clinique counter.  Every time I go in there, I try and try to avoid her and find another sales woman but I swear I think she tracks me down.  

She gets on my nerves for a number of reasons.  First of all, she is approximately 80 years old, so what does she know about my 22-year-old skin and about the "look" I am going for?  Second of all, she immediately says to me "I see you have acne."  This last time I was in there, I almost said back "Really?! I had NO idea! Thanks for POINTING.OUT.THE.OBVIOUS!"  But I was nice and refrained.  I know that I have acne, scars, and other imperfections but it is not normal acne, and with the amount of allergies I have, I will most likely have this "acne" for the rest of my life.  We--the acne and myself--have finally come to terms with each other about its presence and she doesn't need to remind me of it every.time.I.am.in.there!!!  And I understand that she probably doesn't remember me, but I would appreciate it if the first thing out of her mouth wasn't that sentence.  And I would also appreciate it if she wouldn't just stare at my face or try to touch it (hello! that makes it worse).  I truly think if she had a magnifying glass, she would try to further examine every little spot on my face. 

After she points out the obvious, she starts trying to sell me their "magical" products.  And every time I am there, I tell her all about how I either own that product, have tried that product, or am allergic to that product.  If I already own it, she says she will go ahead and get me another bottle/tube/box.  If I have tried it before, she tries to explain all the reasons why I MUST try it again.  And if I am allergic to it, she STILL tries to sell it to me.  What part of "I AM ALLERGIC TO THAT" do you not understand?

This whole little conversation goes on and on and she never seems to grasp that I am NOT buying what she wants me to buy.  If I say I am there for eye-shadow, please get out the eye-shadow samples.  If I am there to replenish my make-up, please get me my make-up.  And if I try and talk with another sales woman, please DO NOT track me down and harass me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...