Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Treat Yourself

I always make a list before going to the grocery store.  If not, I will purchase lots of unnecessary things and almost always forget the items we need the most.  We grocery shop together and the list keeps us both on track with the task at hand and prevents us from forgetting important items.  However, there are always those "honey-will-you-pick-this-up-on-your-way-home" shopping trips.  They are inevitable.  And it is on those trips that Cory and I both give in to our temptations!

When I ask Cory to go to the store, he returns with the item(s) I asked for along with a candy bar and a 20oz drink. If I am not there, he doesn't have to deal with me giving him grief about the fact that he really doesn't need those items.  He is able to purchase those things with happiness!

When Cory asks me to go to the store, I return with the item(s) he requested along with $30 in trashy magazines that feature tons of untrue, irrelevant gossip about The Bachelor, Teen Mom, or RHOBH.  If Cory is not there, I am able to pick up one of every trashy magazine without him freaking out about how much crap I am reading. 

For some reason, when we shop together, we rarely pick up these "wants".  It is not as though we would prevent each other from purchasing them because it really isn't that big of a deal, but for whatever reason, we save these items for our on-the-way-home grocery trips.


(Note: We don't really give each other grief about our little "treat" purchases because they are actually few and far between. And they really don't matter!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...