Thursday, February 3, 2011

Puppy Teeth

February is Pet Dental Health Month so, being the wonderful mother that I am, I made an appointment for my little Sam to go to the doggie dentist.  His appointment was for this morning and I had to have him there at 7:00AM.  Thankfully, Sam's vet office is our neighbor so I just walk him over there whenever he has an appointment!  It is very convenient!

They gave him anesthesia and cleaned and polished his tiny little teeth.  The doctor called me at 8:15 and told me that he was very impressed with how well his mouth looked and that my little baby was slowly waking up.  He had to be kept for a few hours before I could pick him up, though. 

Around 1:30, I walked next door and picked up my little baby.  He always does wonderful at the vet but is SO excited when he sees his Mommy and can't get out the door fast enough!  We walked home and he loved on me for a good half hour.  He is still a little groggy from the anesthesia but ran around a little when he got home because he was so excited--and because he missed me, of course!
Sorry for the quality. I took it with my phone.
He is still resting on the couch but should be back to his normal self tomorrow.  He has pearly whites and fresh breath.  And, because it is dental month, I received 15% off on his cleaning!!

Side Note:  I LOVE his doctor/vet office.  They are all so friendly.  They know him by name.  He receives excellent care.  And his doctor is very, very thorough and always explains everything to me in great detail.  I always know he is in good hands when I have to leave him.  And, they have 2 groomers on staff so they are a one-stop-shop for my little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...