Monday, January 3, 2011

The Shower Monster

Hubs gets up early in the morning, takes a shower, and heads to work.  I, stay in bed sleep until noon and take a shower later, when no one is home.  Taking a shower in a home all alone doesn't bother me, except for when I fear........

THE SHOWER MONSTER!

Before I continue, let me talk about my wonderful furry child, Sam.  Sam has a fierce bark--I call it his "I am going to kill you" bark--and he does this bark when someone rings the doorbell, knocks on the door, is inside the apartment, or is outside his beloved window (like the meter reader man).  He is 24 pounds of pure fluff so he can't do any harm, but that bark will make your knees tremble.

Back to my fear..

While I am in the shower--naked--Sam begins to do this fierce bark.  This happens 3-4 out of 5 days a week.  So, there I am in the shower, naked, worrying about what he is barking about. 

Is there someone at my door and I didn't hear the knock?
Did the doorbell ring and I not hear it?
Are the maintenance men or pest control in my apartment (since we live in an apt, they tend to come in sometimes)
Is there someone outside the window I should be concerned about?

So I begin to consider getting out and locking myself in the bathroom.  But then I remember that I can't leave Sam out there all alone to fend off the potential boogey man in my home so I decide I must lock him in there with me.  But, I am naked so I can't go get him because then the potential boogey man inside my home would see me. 

So I try to rush through my shower as quickly as possible, while still making sure I get squeaky clean, all while hearing my poor fluff-ball bark his furry little head off. 

I have tried just putting him in our room and shutting the door (since our bathroom is within our bedroom) but we have a window in there--and he can still hear the doorbell or a knock--so I am still faced with the fear of the shower monster. 

Disclaimer: Please understand that this is a real fear of mine and please do not judge me :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, i have the fear of the "shower monster" too when i get in the shower when im home alone! Absolutely terrifying! Hope you enjoy your holidays! Good luck looking for jobs! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...