Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dinner Dilemma

I am a creature of habit.  Wait, scratch that.  I am the ULTIMATE creature of habit.  I am organized, on a schedule, am consistent, and am very rigid in my ways.  I am not a fan of change or altering my routine.  With that said, I now present you with my dinner dilemma.

I have always eaten dinner between 6:00-7:00PM.  Ever since I was born.  After I got married and C and I had sporadic class and work schedules, I changed it to 6:00-7:30PM.  I always manage to find some way to eat dinner between that time.

Until now.

I have classes starting on Tuesday.  I will have a class Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:20 to 7:35PM and a class on Monday and Wednesdays from 6:20 to 7:35PM.  I must leave my house at promptly 6:00 to make it to class on time and I will not return home until approximately 7:45PM. 

See my problem?

When am I supposed to eat dinner? 

I suppose I could eat before class.  Maybe around 5:00 or 5:30? 

But wait...I make all of my meals homemade.  From scratch.  That takes time.  And, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I will have a class ending at 4:50, which puts me home at 5:00ish.  That gives me ONE hour to cook and eat before class.  Not happening.

So, I am trying to come up with quick and easy meals to cook on Tuesday and Thursday nights so that I am properly nourished before class.  If you have any ideas and/or recipes, please, please share them with me.  I would greatly appreciate it!

I am already experiencing acute anxiety about my impending doom that will begin next week.  Please pray for me. 

1 comment:

  1. crockpot.crockpot.crockpot. save you LOT of time!!!! i'll send you recipes lady and hopefully you can substitute things for something else if you can't eat some things :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...