Thursday, January 27, 2011

Random List from a Busy Lady

1.  Last week I could have easily won both the "Worst Wife Award" and the "Worst Housewife Award".  I did not clean; I did not do laundry; I did not iron.  I made a lasagna Monday night and we ate that every night; no variety.  I was in la-la-land for some reason and only slept, went to school, ate lasagna, and occasionally worked out on WiiFit, and then slept some more. 

2.  Because of #1, this week was especially busy.  I had quite a bit of schoolwork/homework to complete as well as trying to redeem myself from last week.  I successfully paid the bills, made appointments, made the bed every day, did all of the laundry (although now it has piled back up again) and I have been much better about dinner preparations.  I still have to iron and deep clean my house.

3.  I have become a mini prayer warrior this week because I have received/heard 3 different sets of bad news.  A friend of mine told me today that bad news comes in sets of 3 so hopefully I am done with bad news for a little while.  A friend of mine's husband passed away unexpectedly at the age of 23 on Saturday; a sweet blogger I follow received bad news when her and her husband found out that there was no baby growing; and another sweet blogger's husband had kidney stone surgery and his recovery is not doing so well.  I have spent a lot of my time during the day thinking of these women and praying for them..A LOT! 

4.  I have wanted to find a church in our area to start attending (since it has been three years since I moved back) but Cory is not as excited about this upcoming adventure as I am.  I told him this week that I wanted to attend one this Sunday and he said "maybe".  If you know my husband personally, then you know this is a BIG step and I am hanging tightly on that "maybe" and praying in turns into a "yes". 

5.  Our anniversary is always during Spring Break (we planned it that way when we got married) so we get a week off from school/work to celebrate.  Our very first Spring Break together, we spent at St. George Island (my most favorite place in the world) and our second Spring Break, which was our honeymoon, was also at St. George Island.  Last year, we went to Atlanta to visit the GA Aquarium and eat at my favorite restaurant, Brio.  We also toured Jasmine Hill Gardens, the location of our wedding, and had a fancy dinner.  This year, I want to travel to the beach (maybe one down near Mobile/Gulf Shores/Dauphin Island) and just spend quality time with each other.  I feel as though we get so caught up in our busy lives that we forget about our relationship and I really want to focus on rekindling our relationship (nothing is wrong with our relationship; I just feel like we don't have as much time for each other as we used to and as we would like). 

6.  Thirty-One is debuting their new Spring/Summer catalog on February 1st and I received my new kit this week.  I am so in love with all of the new products and prints and cannot wait to start selling these wonderful new items.  I have a few people interested in doing parties and lots of people requesting catalogs so I am hopeful that this Spring and Summer selling season takes off for me.  I have enjoyed getting to know other wonderful women through this amazing company and I can only imagine what is in store for me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for thinking of me/us and praying. We're making it through and appreciate the support. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...