I have mentioned before that Cory and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. But...I am a girl and I like to get flowers and such!
This was the first year I did any sort of decorating for Valentine's and you can see that in this post.
Late in January, Chris from Marriage Confessions posted this. I emailed the link to Cory, hoping he would take the hint ;-)
Last night I got home from work and Cory had just gotten home as well. It has been really cold here the last few days so when I came in, I went straight to the thermostat to turn on the heat. Our thermostat is at the edge of the dining room and next to it sits my china cabinet. On top of my china cabinet, we have a very large and very tall glass vase that we received as a wedding present.
It is so large that someone would definitely notice if it wasn't sitting there. Well, I noticed that it wasn't there and immediately thought someone had come in and stolen our vase. I turned around to Cory and exclaimed "WHERE IS OUR VASE?!!?"
Cory looked at me and said "Dammit!!"
I looked at him wide-eyed and said "DO YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS?!!?"
He turned around, went down the hall, and went into the guest bathroom. I then heard him pull the shower curtain back and he came out with our vase full of roses. He said he had planned on having the flowers and a card there when I woke up as a surprise and he told me I ruined his surprise.
It didn't register with me that maybe Cory had taken the vase since the following day was Valentine's Day and he was really hoping I didn't notice that it was missing. I told him I was really sorry for ruining his surprise and that I really, really appreciated him doing that for me.
I told him how much I loved him and he forgave me :-)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy...