Yesterday, on the 28th of February, Cory turned 28! Since you only turn the exact number of your birth date ONCE in your life, I think it is a reason to celebrate more than you typically would. I might be the only one that thinks this and if I am, humor me :-) I treat it like one of the milestone birthdays (16, 18, 21, 50). And it just so happens that later in this same year, I will turn 24 on 24th. Super Cool!! ;-)
So I had an abundance of surprises planned for my beloved husband and the best part was that he didn't have a CLUE! He knew I had the day off from work and he knew where we were eating for dinner because he picked the place but what happened in between, he had no idea!
His first surprise was a cookie cake delivered to his work for lunch. I had talked with his co-workers last week and they were going to order pizza and I was going to bring the cake but it was all going to be a secret. Cory text me about 11:45 asking if I was out of bed yet. Little did he know I was just seconds from walking in his office! He was pleasantly surprised and we had a nice lunch with his office.
I left his office and ran a few quick errands to pick up some last minute items I was going to need. I came home and got started on my other surprises for him. Later in the afternoon he text me and asked if we could just get our food to-go because he wanted to eat at home. He had chosen Carrabba's and we had a gift card for it so I placed the order and we went and got it together after work.
He was supposed to come home first to some more surprises and then we would eat, but his truck ended up messing up and I had to go get him from work and his truck spent the night at his office. So we got home together and I told him I had to go inside first to turn the lights back on.
He walked in and found 8 balloons strapped to his chair at the dinner table, a table full of presents, and a Happy Birthday sign hung across the dining room.
Sam had gotten him a card and some of his favorite candy.
I got him some Auburn athletic shorts, some gum, a card, and a candle warmer and three candles for his office. Most of his clients stink and they stink up his office and he was going through bottles of Febreeze on a daily basis. He had mentioned getting one for his office so I surprised him with it and some of his favorite candle scents.
We ate our dinner and then I told him to sit in his balloon-covered chair because I had one final surprise.
Cory's favorite cake is red velvet and a new cupcake shop recently opened up in Montgomery. A friend of mine--who also loves red velvet cake--said their red velvet cupcakes were delicious!! So for his final surprise, he got a red velvet cupcake :-)
I had SO much fun planning this day for him and he enjoyed all of his surprises! It was a fun and successful day!





What a nice wife you are! I, too, think this is a special birthday - I've heard it referred to as the "golden birthday." Mine happened when I was 9, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
ReplyDelete