Monday, December 19, 2011

Graduation Week

I have a couple of posts about graduation.  There was too much to fit in one so I am breaking it up. This one will recap the week leading up to the big day...

Monday: I went to work and in the early afternoon I received a call from my regional manager asking if I was still interested in going full-time when I graduated.  I told her I was still interested and after a few more minutes of talking, I found out my wish was granted.  I will be split between 2 properties that only need a part-time person so half of the day I will work at one property, and the other half of the day, I will work at the other!  
Monday night I took my second of four finals.

Tuesday: I took my third of four finals and that afternoon Cory and I went to see the oral surgeon who performed my wisdom teeth extraction because Cory had been having some pain and discomfort with his.  We scheduled his wisdom teeth to be removed January 6.  That evening we attended the River Region Apartment Association Awards Banquet because my manager was nominated for Manager of the Year and our community was nominated for Community of the Year.  Winning Community of the Year is like a football team winning the National Championship and WE WON!! 
 
Wednesday: I went to work for four hours and then came home and studied hard for my last final.  I took that final at 5:00PM with my best friend Katy.  We finished our college career together!  That evening my Mama came to begin preparations for my graduation party. 
Me on my very last day of school!!
Thursday:  My Mama, her friend Kim (who always helps plan our parties and helped with my wedding) and I began baking and cooking and preparing for my graduation party.  We made homemade chicken salad, candies in the shape of diplomas and graduation caps, and talked and gossiped like crazy!!

Friday:  I slept until noon and then Mama and Kim came over to finish baking and cooking.  My brother William and his dog Jack arrived that afternoon, followed by my Dad, my other brother and Uncle Ted, then my grandparents and one of my cousins.  We made more candies, cupcakes, and cut up the fruit and vegetables.  That evening we all went out to eat at Cracker Barrel as a family.  Sam spent the morning at the vet for his annual exam and a good bath so he would be ready for the party.  

I stayed up way too late that night but got up bright and early Saturday morning to prepare for the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...