Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Updates

My grandmother--who fell and broke her hip and had to have hip replacement surgery--is doing very well.  She fell on Sunday, February 20; had hip replacement surgery on February 21; was able to sit in a chair and eat lunch on February 22; took a shower and was moved to a rehabilitation facility on February 23.  She was moved a day earlier than expected and each day she gets significantly better.  After just a few days at the rehab facility, she was able to walk up and down the hall without assistance!  My Daddy left on Saturday because my Uncle had come in for his turn.  She should be at the rehab for about 3 weeks and then she will be free to return home!

********************

We still have not gone to church, which means we haven't found a church.  The Sunday we were going to start our search was the Sunday my grandmother fell.  In the time that we would have been at church, we found out she fell, found out her hip was broken, my Daddy left, and talks with a surgeon were being conducted.  There was no way I was leaving my house or my phone.  I needed to be in constant prayer and be alerted to any new information.
This past Sunday was Cory's 27th birthday and we went to Greenville to celebrate with his family.  We are all set to start this Sunday, but we will be baby-sitting my brother's dog so who knows what could happen.

********************

My working out and toning up plan has been going well.  I haven't done another body test on my WiiFit so I cannot tell you exactly how much I have lost, but I am noticing my little pooch getting smaller and smaller.  Also, I am feeling much better.  I am drinking more water and eating smaller portions of healthier foods and can see it paying off! 

********************

The search for a job has been put on hold.  Because.......I might just have acquired one!!  I took my application and resume to the office on Monday.  I was able to speak with the manager for a few minutes and he seemed impressed.  Obviously, he was impressed because Tuesday evening he called to set up an interview with me for today.  My interview went GREAT and he said if he chose me, then I would hear from the regional manager to schedule a second interview.  Within an hour-and-a-half, the regional manager was calling me and I have an interview with him tomorrow!  I really, really want this job and after meeting with the manager today and hearing all the intricate details of the job, I want it even more!!! 

The last time I worked in an office was almost four years ago.  My body has changed, my "style" has changed, fashion has changed, and my preferences have changed.  So, if I get this job then I get to go on a shopping spree for new "business" clothes! It has been difficult trying to find appropriate tops to wear to my interviews.  I have some tried-and-true khaki pants that are my go-to pants but I quickly discovered that I don't own any Spring/Summer type tops.  I am always looking for an excuse to buy new clothes and this would be a great one! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your g-mom is doing better! Happy birthday to my old roommate, Cory. And best of luck with the job interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear your grandma is doing much better!!

    Good luck with the interview! I'll be praying :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...