Sunday, October 24, 2010

Relaxing Weekend

I am in a blogging mood so here is my third of the night!

This weekend Hubby, Sam and I went to my parent's house.  We had a very relaxing weekend that we both desperately needed.  Since I dropped accounting this week, I did not have to worry about the loads and loads of homework and was actually able to unwind and relax. 

Friday night, my mother, her friend and I went shopping.  I got some GREAT deals and my mother was SO nice and purchased my items for me!  I enjoyed spending time with 2 great women and I got some new clothes :-) Friday late night, my parents, Hubby and I played Rummikub and had a great time.

We all slept in on Saturday and then watched the AU-LSU game.  My mother now says that watching AU football with Cory takes on a whole new meaning.  He really gets into the games and hoots and hollers and he ended up getting hoarse.  AU pulled out and won so there were smiles all around!
Saturday evening my mother cooked a fabulous dinner and then her and I decided to do a puzzle.  That was the hardest puzzle I have ever done and it ended up having 5 pieces missing!! 

Not only did I get new clothes this weekend, but I also got some items to help decorate the home and some little things we needed.  My parents have been cleaning and re-doing their home lately and have been getting rid of A LOT!  I was in need of some shelves and some decorating pieces that my mother wasn't using so I gladly took them!  She was happy because it was out of her house and I was happy because it saved us money!! :-)
She is planning on having a yard sale and I am definitely going to be putting some items in it.  We cannot have a yard sale at the apartment complex (not that I have that much stuff anyway) so I will bring my few items there and hopefully get a couple of bucks for the Holiday season!

I am greatly looking forward to this week since I don't have accounting to stress over.  I will be able to remain relaxed and focus on cleaning out my house and doing some things I have neglected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...