Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dinner Time

I absolutely LOVE Hubby to death!!  I could NOT imagine my life without him! BUT....

There is just ONE thing I am trying desperately to change.

The man likes to eat his dinner on the couch, in front of the TV.  That is a no-no!!  Ever since we got together 3 wonderful years ago, I have tried to make dinner time a special time. 

In my family, dinner was sacred.  The five (or more) of us all sat at the table, in the dining room, together, and ate.  There was no television, no cell phones, no video games, no telephone answering.  Even if we were all eating something different, we were always at that table.  We would talk about the day, discuss family topics, and sometimes we would just sit there and tell jokes and laugh and laugh until our tummies hurt!

It wasn't always easy in the dorm to make dinner special but the second we moved into our first apartment, that dining room table was set, and food was eaten on it.  I made Hubby turn off the TV and sit with me every night.  To this day, I still make Hubby turn off the TV and sit at the dinner table.  I do not always win the fight, but 99% of the time, we are at the dinner table with no phones and no TV.

I want to continue the tradition of keeping dinner time sacred and encourage Hubby to help me when we have children.  I want to sit down with my family, every night, and talk and laugh over a hearty, home-cooked meal.  What are your dinner traditions and/or thoughts on mine? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad my family is not the only family that does this , my friends would and still give me a hard time about this. One i went to church with and i was having a cow because i was missing sunday lunch because church got out late and she had no idea or understand the whole concept of dinner each night plus sunday lunch of how everyone is to sit down at the table no tv no nothing and enjoy the family time together basically and sit at the big table in the dining/living room. Haha. No one understands the big deal they were like so what your missing a meal and didnt get why mom and dad were getting furious/annoyed and i tried explaining but i guess some people just dont understand this kind of thing! So glad you do! I'm so excited ive made a new shoe shopping friend in the kids dept and understands this with a whole bunch of other things. It is so neat and i probably just wrote the longest message ever ha ha :) hope you've had a great friday so far ! TGIF Praise JEsus :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...