Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Catch Up

Have you missed me?  :-)  I have been chin-deep in schoolwork for the past 4 days.  I had 2 presentations to give on Monday and a project due on Tuesday.  I was supposed to have a test today and a test tomorrow but BOTH teachers moved them to next week. Bless them!! 

One of the presentations I had to give on Monday was extremely stressful.  It was a group project (which I despise) and 3 of the group members were THE definition of slackers.  So, myself and another girl completed the ENTIRE project.  We frantically finished everything Sunday night and discussed our issues with our professor.  Thankfully, we will receive a much better grade than them since we did all the work! 

So, here I am, playing catch up!  I didn't take down my Fall/Thanksgiving decorations until last night--I still had a turkey hanging on the door.  All of those are put up and the Christmas decorations are out.  This weekend Hubby and I will decorate for Christmas, including putting the tree together and decorating it!

Friday was AMAZING because my AU tigers WON the IRON BOWL!!!  :-)  WAR EAGLE!!!!  

My house is still a disaster (from Thanksgiving) and needs to be cleaned desperately but I just have not had time.  I finished the laundry--with Hubby's help--last night and straightened up this morning.  Remember this post?  Well, I tried it for a month and have come to the conclusion that that system just does NOT work for me.  I am a get-it-all-done-in-one-day type of person and have officially abandoned this program.  The only thing I actually did was change the sheets weekly, which I have done my entire life so that wasn't anything new.  So, my house will also be cleaned this weekend.

We went to Hubby's grandparents' house on Saturday to celebrate Thanksgiving with them.  It was much smaller and informal than normal considering his grandfather is still recovering from his stroke, but it was quaint and I enjoyed my time there.  Hubby found some old puzzles from when he was a kid and we completed them.  Take a look...
Donald Duck

Woody Woodpecker

Daffy Duck

Dinosaur

Remember this post?   The rain inside?  Well, it happened again!!  And this time, it was pouring inside.  It happened on Sunday and dripped steadily for about 4 hours.  The maintenance-man-on-call came and stopped the dripping and it was, once again, the toilet from the lady upstairs.  I have to admit; I was upset about this because I do not like my guest bathroom being a wreck.  We have to move everything out from in there and it is a hassle that I feel we shouldn't have to deal with!  Pray they will for real fix it this time.


And finally, remember this post about goals?  And remember how I mentioned I wanted to participate in the 101 in 1001?  I have been working on my list and I only have about 80 right now so when I finally get to 101 things, I will put it on my blog and start it.  If you have any ideas, please e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...