Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's Raining...INSIDE!

Hubby woke up around 8:00AM this morning (why so early on a Saturday, I have no idea, but THANK GOD!)
As he was nearing the kitchen, he heard a drip,

Drip

DRIP!

He follows the noise into our guest bathroom where he is greeted by:
That my friends is WATER trapped in my wall.  The drip was coming from:
The ceiling!  That is our exhaust fan and water was dripping from it. 
(These are all the pictures I took because I was sleepy, groggy, and had lots of water to deal with)

It only got down to around 31 degrees last night so I didn't think it was a busted pipe.  I heard my neighbor upstairs walking around so I ran upstairs to see if she was leaking too. 
Her bathroom was fine.  She said her toilet sometimes leaks in the back but that there was no water on her floor, wall, ceiling, anything. 

I go back downstairs to my apartment and call the emergency maintenance line.  At that point Hubby stays up waiting for him and I go back to sleep.  The maintenance man came and investigated our apartment and the lady above us.  He concluded that it had to be from her toilet but that it was leaking from the bottom of the toilet so it made our ceiling wet but not her floor.  He turned the water off to her toilet and said they would do a further investigation on Monday.

The water bubble had traveled further down the wall and Hubby wanted to pop it.  We removed all the rugs (that were SOAKED) and I let him pop it.  To his disappointment, the water didn't come spraying out like he had hoped.  It simply ran further down the wall beneath the paint.  So, we have closed off that bathroom and must wait until Monday to get something done.

Not the best way to start my Saturday morning but the rest of the day went well. Auburn won and Alabama lost so all is good in the world :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! GIRL! That is crazy!!!! Well at least our team won!! Hope you are having a good weekend! I'm fixing to email you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow , you had a bizaar eventful morning girl! I think i would have died if i saw that big circular thingy in the wall and dialed the plumber as fast as i could. I still cant get over how big that circle of water is , that is just insane! On positive note it will be fixed soon and its not y'alls bedroom , its the guest bedroom plus Georgia, Auburn, and clemson won and carolina lost so im a happy camper too! Hope you had fun at your hubbys grandparents today :) stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...