Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Infertility

When I was younger, I thought people got married and babies started popping out.  I never had any idea that some women cannot have children.  Everyone around me had kids so I assumed all women had children when they got married. Obviously, this is not the case.  In the past few years, I have learned more and more about infertility and have become aware that there are many women out there that suffer with this.

Infertility is a horrible thing.  It is one of the only things in life that I do not understand.  I do not understand why God would prevent women from bearing children.  I know plenty of women that should not be a mother yet they have 3, 4, 5+ children.  On the other hand, there are women whose only wish in life is to bear a child, and cannot due to infertility of some sort.

Infertility has affected some of my friends and family members and I hate to see them go through it.  I can only imagine how much pain they feel for not being able to have their only wish in life.  There are alternatives, such as adoption, but I am sure it is not the same thing as being able to carry their own child.

If I could ask for anything in this world, it would be to have children.  I believe I was put on this Earth to make babies and stay at home and play with them all day.  All I have ever wanted is to be a mother.  With that said, sometimes I fear that because I want it so bad, that I will be plagued by infertility and will not be able to conceive.  I know I shouldn't question God and his decisions/plans, but I sure wish he would provide me with some answers. 

So, I am asking you, dear bloggie friends, to please join me in praying for all of these women that suffer with infertility.  I pray that they will be able to find peace with the situation and be blessed with children in other ways. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your sweet spirit and tender heart. This post especially touched me as Kyle and I are currently battling infertility due to my Endometriosis and PCOS. But we are still prayerfully confident that whatever the method, we WILL have our family. We want to be parents mire than anything and although we are discouraged at times bc of my infertility, we have hope that the Lord knows the desires of our heart, and the Lord willing.... we will have our little Brooker blessing in His timing.

    I am just like you girl. All I have EVER wanted to be was a wife and a Mommy!

    I'm so blessed to have you in my life sweet friend! I am praying for you guys daily and I look forward to the day we can call each other sharing our news with each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, just peeking around at your blog. :) I had these same fears about myself not being able to conceive. I, too, feel that I am meant to be a mother. It is all I have ever wanted to be. And we waited so long to start trying to conceive (because we wanted the timing to be right and for us to be completely ready), so I worried that my intense desire to be a mom, when added to my waiting to try, would lead to infertility. And being a blog reader doesn't help, because all you see are the sad stories.

    You just have to have faith that what is supposed to happen will happen in God's time. It's so hard to trust His timing, and trust that He will provide. But we just have to. I will join you in prayer, and I will pray for you too.

    Look what happened to me...all that worry and prego in two months. Worried for nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...