Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tonight

Tonight is Hubby's office Christmas Party.  It is being held at the country club, where his boss lives.  We went to last year's but had to leave early because Hubby was being inducted into Phi Kappa Phi and we had to be at the ceremony.

This year, we will be leaving early again because I have a bad head cold.  At first, I was just going to skip the party and let Hubby attend.  But then I remembered there would be very good, FREE food.  And since I am sick and since I am a poor, married, college student, I DO NOT turn down free food :)

So, I have given myself 4 hours to get ready.  Why so long?  Because I have to take many breaks to blow my nose, sneeze, clean up the tissues, wash my hands, blow my nose, sneeze, wash my hands, clean up more tissues, etc.  And, I do not function as well when I am under the weather so I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to look presentable because apparently I am not allowed to wear my pajamas and I am supposed to brush my hair for this event.  

Want to know just how sick I am?  Here is a little insight: 3 days ago, I had a FULL box of Kleenex, and 3 of the little individual packs that you can put in your purse.  Today, I am walking around with a roll of toilet paper because I have depleted my ENTIRE Kleenex stock!  The trash can in my bedroom is overflowing with snot rags tissues. 

I have spent more quality time snuggling with a tissue box than I have with Hubby. He has tried to avoid me because he doesn't want to get sick.  (I doubt I am contagious though). Sam has thoroughly enjoyed my illness because it means unlimited sleep and cuddle time with Mommy!

On a positive note, please go visit Taylor at The Undomestic Momma and you can enter to win some eye make-up from Everyday Minerals!  Also, she is selling home-made soy candles and you should definitely purchase some from her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...