Saturday, March 10, 2012

Today

I had the day off today and I was SO glad.  I desperately needed a real 2-day weekend.  The last place I wanted to be today was at work and thankfully I didn't have to go :-)  Work has been crazy lately with HPA being up for sale and with me moving around to different properties so frequently these last few months.  And I knew I would need to relax before starting in Prattville on Monday.  That will be more driving that I am still psyching myself up for.

Because our anniversary is during the week this year--next week to be exact--and since I had the day off today, Cory and I went to the outlet mall in Leeds (just outside of Birmingham) to do some much-needed retail therapy.  I have wanted a Coach purse for forever but neither of us wanted to pay the steep prices at Dillard's.  And Cory is a huge Polo Ralph Lauren fan but the prices on those items aren't too pretty either.  I don't mind getting them when I can find a good sale, but I haven't found a good sale in so long that he just hasn't gotten any new shirts in quite some time. 

I got a Coach purse and a really large wallet for the price of the wallet!  Cory got 4 Polo shirts for the price of 1-1/2 shirts.  And I got 2 pairs of pants for work at Gap and Cory got a pair of shorts at Gap all for the price of one pair of my pants. We did really well!! :-)

It was nice to get away for the day and just spend some one-on-one quality time with each other.  Our lives have been so hectic lately and we really needed to have that time.  Now we are ready to take on this next year of marriage which will be packed full of exciting changes!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy early anniversary! Glad y'all found some great deals! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...