On Tuesday I went to Opelika to our builder to pick out colors and such for our home. My Mama went with me and I am so glad she did. I probably would have sat down in their warehouse and cried had she not been there. There were so many options and it was a little overwhelming! I thought I knew everything I wanted but when Monday rolled around I started second-guessing myself. What if I chose wrong? What if something didn't match? It finally had hit me that this was my house and I did not want to mess up!
Monday evening my Mama, Cory, and I (mainly just my Mama and I) sat down and really discussed the themes we wanted, the colors we liked and disliked, the finishes we liked and disliked, etc. By Tuesday morning I pretty much knew what I wanted and was excited about picking everything out. Cory went to work, trusting completely in me to choose everything for our home.
When we got there, I realized there is a lot more to pick out than I had imagined. Like shingles. I hadn't thought about what color shingles I wanted, or gutters, or door knobs. I had only thought about paint colors, flooring, cabinets, and counter tops. And I had no clue there were different kinds of vinyl siding; straight lap or dutch lap. Raised panel or louvered shutters?
In the two hours we were there, I chose all of the following:
Shingles; Vinyl Siding; Shutters; Gutters; Outside Corners; Soffit and Trim; Windows; Exterior Doors; Shakes; Outlets & Switch Plates; Bathroom Fixtures (tubs, toilets, sinks); Bathroom Faucets; Kitchen Faucets; Light Fixtures; Door Hardware; Appliance Color; Cabinets for Kitchen and both baths; Counter Tops for Kitchen and both baths; Interior Wall Colors; Interior Trim; Front Door Color; Front Porch Columns Color; and Flooring for every single inch of the house!
I meant to take pictures so I could show Cory but I didn't take a single one. I was able to take a small section of the counter tops home to show him, but everything else, he has no clue!
I was able to find some pictures online of some of the items.
These are our shingles (because I know everyone wants to know what they will look like ;-] )
The counter top for our kitchen:
The flooring for our kitchen, including the breakfast nook, the laundry room, and our bathroom
The counter top for our bathroom
The counter top for the guest bathroom
The flooring for the guest bathroom
And the flooring for the foyer, dining room, hallway, and great room. The four bedrooms will have carpet.
The vinyl siding is an off-white/tan color. The shingles are brown. The front door is green. The "shakes" are a reddish-brownish color. All faucets, hardware, appliances, and fixtures are stainless steel or brushed nickel. The cabinets for the kitchen are a dark maple, almost mahogany color. The cabinets for the master bathroom are a darker version of the kitchen ones (almost a cherry color) and the guest bathroom cabinets are more of an oak color. I couldn't find comparable pictures for those and they are custom made by someone local so I couldn't Google the exact ones.
Everything is really coming together and I can't wait to see how it will all look!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy...