It wasn't a very busy weekend but it was definitely a fun one!
Friday evening Cory and I went to some friends' house for dinner. They cooked homemade chicken enchiladas, rice, and beans. It was SO good! I am typically not a chicken enchilada fan but these were amazing :) I made an apple dessert and will post the recipe sometime this week. After dinner, they put their daughter to bed and the four of us talked about anything and everything! Cory and Chris are both big sports fans and Stephan and I work for the same company so we had plenty of things in common to talk about. We laughed so much and completely lost track of time. We didn't end up leaving until 10:45. We had left poor Sam home alone and needed to get back to him. We are looking forward to having them over for dinner hopefully this coming weekend.
I had to work Saturday but Stephan and her daughter Makayla came up to visit with me since it was going to be a boring day. She is the one that I am doing Project 10 Pan with. She told me about it and I decided to join her. We got a lot more girl talk in and then she went to Target to purchase a Red Velvet candle like I posted here.
After work, I came home and took a 3-hour nap while Cory worked on his study guide for his technicians license test. He cooked dinner and then I went to bed around 11:00.
Today we have just stayed home. Cory has been working on his study guide and I have been doing laundry. I have been trying for a while to cut back on my Diet Mt. Dew intake but wasn't having much luck so I decided to just quit completely. I drank one this morning and then swore them off for the rest of the day. I have consumed 6 water bottles and a glass of juice and it has been hell. I was so incredibly sleepy (from lack of caffeine) that I fell asleep while sitting on the couch.
Cory woke me up to cook dinner and I was NOT in a good mood. I was pissed off but couldn't tell you why I was pissed off. Cory said I was having withdrawals and that he needed to call the addiction clinic. I told him I was going to throw my glass at him. Then we agreed that maybe I should go ahead and drink one more today and just limit myself to two a day for now. I am halfway through this can--I am savoring every last drop--and am already feeling much better. I will continue to drink 2 a day this week and see how that goes.
Next weekend is going to be BIG for our little family and I can't wait to share :)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy...