Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weekend Rewind

Cory and I were both off work on Friday because he was scheduled to have his wisdom teeth removed.  The man is 27 years old; it was beyond time for those things to come out.  I was a complete and total nervous wreck worrying about him.  He had never been put to sleep before and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to care for him properly since he is twice my size.  I wasn't even close to being that nervous when I had mine taken out.  But everything went perfectly fine!  The only thing he was saying while in recovery was "good sleep".  I heard that about 8 times in a one hour span.  Apparently he enjoyed the deep sleep that the anesthesia put him in.

I got his medicine filled, got him home, and put ice on his cheeks (which weren't even swollen..lucky!)  He spent most of the afternoon on the couch watching movies.  He took a nap about 4:00 and when he woke up, he felt great.  He went back to the couch where he watched more movies and played a few video games.  He never really had any discomfort, pain, or swelling.  Lucky!!

Saturday morning he woke up feeling--and looking--like nothing had happened.  You would've never known the man just had surgery 24 hours prior.  He still took it pretty easy because all the medicine made him feel woozy at times.  He spent more time on the couch while I did some laundry.  It was a pretty low-key boring day around our house.  We watched the HBO series Game of Thrones together and then I made meat loaf and mac-n-cheese for dinner.  He couldn't eat the meat loaf so he had most of the mac-n-cheese.

I am lactose-intolerant but there are certain things that don't bother me.  Lasagna doesn't tend to bother me and mac-n-cheese is usually hit or miss, but I never know before hand if it will be a hit or miss night.  Last night turned out to be a miss.  So after I made friends with the toilet, Cory told me that I was supposed to be taking care of him and that I looked like I was the one needing caring for.  We watched a movie together and then went to bed.

This morning we both woke up feeling great but the weather hasn't been wonderful so we have stayed inside and been lazy again.  I did manage to finally catch up all of the ironing and Cory has managed to clear out half of the shows/movies in our DVR (which happened to be very.close. to maximum capacity).

We have enjoyed the long, relaxing weekend inside.  We haven't spent this much uninterrupted alone time in I couldn't tell you how long!  It was much needed.  We are not ready to go back to work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...