I usually recap my weekend but I had a lot happen over the course of the week so I thought I would recap it all!
On Monday I learned of some drama that my neighbors tried to stir up about me that not only made me mad but put me in the hot seat at work. I was not guilty of what my neighbors accused me of but I still had to "plead my case" so to speak. Lately we have had some difficulties with a new neighbor and what happened this time was the straw that broke the camel's back. We are fed up and have decided to put all of our time, energy, and money into getting out of the apartment as soon as possible. We originally were going to stay until August but have now decided we will be out no later than May. I am willing to help physically build the house myself if I have to!!
Tuesday I went to lunch with a friend of mine for her birthday. Her birthday was last Thursday but Tuesday afternoon was the first time we both would be free. We ate at Red Robin and stayed there almost 2 hours just talking and catching up. Our schedules are so different this semester that we haven't gotten to see each other as often and we had a lot to catch up on. She is studying interior design and we can't wait to start picking colors and patterns for our home.
Nothing too exciting happened on Wednesday.
Thursday morning I was awoken to a call and text message from AUM (the school has an alert system that notifies student and faculty of emergency information). The AUM Alert said that all classes were cancelled and employees were NOT to report to work. Apparently they had a water leak and had to completely shut off the water to the entire campus. The students in the dorms were completely without water so they shuttled them to a local church for food, water, restrooms, and to freshen up. I was happy to be able to stay in bed with Sam and spent the rest of the day running errands and straightening up the apartment.
Thursday evening my Daddy brought their dog Jack over because he had a grooming appointment Friday morning. He left shortly after dropping him off and I went and met with a friend from work for coffee at Starbucks. We had such a nice time talking and getting to know each other better. We both had been in similar situations and we are in the same place in our lives so it was nice to have someone to relate to. Her husband will be graduating law school in May and they hope to build a home and start a family soon too! Maybe we will be pregnant at the same time :-)
Friday I had to work at a different property because both of the employees that work there were going to be out all day. I was all alone and it was pretty boring but I kept myself entertained by looking for graduation dresses online. Friday evening Cory and I went out to eat (which we rarely do) and enjoyed a nice evening at home.
I had to work Saturday and then my Mama came over Saturday evening. I had had such an emotionally charged week that I completely fell apart. My Mama knows me better than I know myself and could sense that a meltdown was coming. She and Cory let me cry it all out and we had a nice long talk about absolutely everything. Sometimes a girl just needs to cry to her Mama :-) Once I had my meltdown I felt so much better and probably shouldn't have held all the emotions and thoughts in all week.
I woke up feeling like a huge weight was lifted and my Mama and I enjoyed a day of shopping for and planning my graduation party. We bought some great items and have some on order. I am so excited to be graduating and for the party. I am the first child of my parents to graduate college and the first grandchild on my Dad's and on my Mama's side to graduate college so there are lots of people to share in my excitement.
This week won't be near as emotional and I am looking forward to the whole week of Thanksgiving off!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy...