Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sam's Weekend Accommodations

While Cory and I were partying it up in GA with the family, Sam was staying at the Paws Mahal Boarding Resort (seriously, that's the name of the place). 

We had never boarded him before and I was not exactly thrilled to have to board him for that entire weekend.  But, there was no one I trusted to watch him that wasn't going to be on the trip, and I couldn't stand the thought of leaving him in a crate all day while all of us gallivanted around the ATL.  So, I did what any other mother would do.  I made sure he would be well taken care of, no matter the cost. 
 
The wonderful vet that we use (and daycare and groomer) also offers boarding services.  Like before, I did plenty of research before deciding that was where my son would be spending his weekend.  I called and asked questions, I did a virtual tour, I talked with the nurses.  I had to make sure Sam would be in the best possible place.  And when I finally decided on his specific accommodations, I sent the following e-mail to my parents.

For the weekend of June 17-19, Sam will be boarded so Cory and I can fully enjoy ourselves with the other humans.  Now, we all know that Sam is my child and Sam deserves the absolute best and always receives the absolute best.  This is true when it comes to boarding him as well.  I talked with the staff at his vet's office today when I was there picking him up from being groomed and daycare (which he LOVES, by the way) and I finalized his boarding reservations.  I have detailed his weekend as follows:

Friday, June 17:  I will take him to daycare in the morning (and cry when I leave him).  Sam will spend his day with his class and friends at school.  In the evening, Sam will go into his own private executive suite at the Paws Mahal Boarding Resort.  His private executive suite is equipped with his own private TV, bed with blanket, private watering bowl, one window to the outside world, and he will have 5-7 outside play times a day.

I am allowed to pick him up on Sunday but they charge you for Sunday night whether or not you pick your child up so we have decided to let Sam stay Sunday night as well.  Monday morning he will go to school with his class and then Monday afternoon I will pick up my beloved first-born son from school and spend the entire evening holding him and telling him how much his Mommy loves him. 

Turtle and Grimace are going with him and I will most likely buy him a new BoBo for when he comes home to me on Monday. 

~Lauren~

PS:  This e-mail is COMPLETELY true and you are NOT allowed to ask how much this is going to cost us.  :- ) 

Sam ended up having a wonderful weekend and he was sent home with his very own report card.  
 And, since that was Father's Day weekend, Sam had gotten his Daddy something and was very happy to give it to him on Monday evening!  Sam got his Daddy a framed picture of him to put on his desk at work.  And, he even got to go into the store to help Mommy pick out the frame for the picture :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I am not alone. My fur baby is my son. We did the same thing to find a daycare for him! Even now I am not satisfied with said day care- and thus have changed my work schedule for him! He's my little boy, what else would I do? Also- his picture was featured on a blog today- and I am a very proud momma :) http://cairnrescue.blogspot.com/2011/07/sunday-sweets_17.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...