About 3 years ago my parents purchased a 6-month subscription for Netflix for Cory and I for Christmas. We were dating at the time and spent almost all of our free time watching movies. It saved us a ton of money and since there were never any deadlines, we were able to take our time. The package they purchased was unlimited, 2-at-a-time. We usually got one for me and one for him. By the time the subscription ran out, we were so busy with school, work, and planning the wedding that we decided not to continue receiving any movies.
About a year ago, we found out that Blockbuster would purchase your DVDs from 2000 to present. Since we are movie-lovers, we owned about 100 that were in that time frame that we were willing to part with. We received enough credit at Blockbuster to rent movies for free for about 8 months. That ran out not too long ago and we found out this weekend that all of the Blockbusters in Montgomery are closing. We considered Red Box, but were more interested in trying Netflix again.
Cory owns a PS3 and we also have a Wii and we had heard that Netflix now allowed you to stream movies and TV shows directly through your gaming device. Cory checked into it on his PS3 and it said we were entitled to a 1-month FREE subscription. We signed up and have spent all weekend loading movies into our "queue" that are not able to be streamed directly to our TV and we each have chosen a TV series to begin watching. Cory chose Dexter and has been streaming it all day. I chose The Secret Life of the American Teenager and watched the first 5 episodes while Cory was taking a break from Dexter.
I realize we are a little late to the Netflix-streaming-live-to-your-TV party but I am sure glad we finally joined in! We will be able to catch up on all the movies we have missed lately and we can watch TV series that we had always wanted to but never had the opportunity to. If you have any suggestions, please let us know!





I just signed up for a free month trial of netflix! I love it! I was able to catch up on Army Wives...now I'm stuck debating on whether I can afford to keep it up after the trial ends.
ReplyDelete