Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Change

I am typically not one to like change.  I am very set in my ways and routine and do not like to deviate away from them.  But, lately, it seems like everything keeps changing.  I have been through so much in the past year, really the past 3 years, and I have changed so much as a person, but I feel like it was all for the better.  It has also made me realize that change can be a good thing.
One of the things that has changed is my friends.  I do not hang out with the same people that I used to.  Once I got married and settled down, I became more focused on my life, my education, and being a good wife.  All of my friends began to focus on drinking, bar hopping, and lots of boys!  Since we don't have the same interests, we have drifted apart, but I have come to realize that those people were never my true friends anyway.  When I needed them the most, they weren't there for me and that really showed me that I don't need them anymore.  Sometimes I feel lonely because I don't have them anymore, but I have met some great people, and I have realized that I am better off without them.
Another thing that has changed is my basic outlook on life.  People are never who you think they are and life can change in an instant.  Nothing is guaranteed or promised and life can throw you a curve ball at any time.  Just when you think everything is great, it can all come crashing down around you.  I went through a lot and then with my brother getting sick and going so long undiagnosed, you learn these things.  You begin to see things differently and it changes your perspective on things.
On a good note, I think that all of these changes have been positive in my life and for the better.  I am happy with where I am and where life is taking me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...